National Industrial Parks Development & Management Company (NIP) has been established as a special initiative of the Ministry of Production , Government of Pakistan. NIP is a public-private partnership established to develop focused industrial growth in Pakistan by developing world-class industrial parks all over the country. Board of Directors (BoD) is inclusive of professionals / individuals having exceptional record of services relating to industrial development and represent non-governmental organizations, academia and the business community. 75% of the Board members are from the private sector and the remaining 25% are from the public sector. The company is incorporated under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984.
- To support rapid industrialization in the country by establishing new industrial parks and rehabilitate those that may be handed over by the Government/Provincial Government(s) and to undertake related functions
- To take necessary steps in attracting industrialists for setting up their businesses in the industrial parks
- To promote interaction between the industrialists and the government so to create an overall conducive industrial environment
- To provide a platform and act as a catalyst for industries to increase productivity
- To promote the creation of jobs by capitalization on strength of different regions by prioritizing type(s) of industry prevalent in a particular area